Sound modding in KCD
To learn about modding of music, please refer to Sequence Music Engine in KCD
As the sound files are present in the "sound.pak" file within *.bank files the FMOD projects are not included in game data. You can download it directly from Warhorse Studios pages.
- FMOD project download (note: please download it only if you really need it in order not to generate big traffic)
- Download FMOD version 1.04.09 from https://www.fmod.com/
When you open the kcd project you can see various event folders in the event editor. It contains all sounds that are used in the game.
- animals: Includes various animal sounds.
- cinematics: Sounds made for in-game cutscenes. Most of the sounds have panning override to center channel (or to wide L - R - Ls - Rs surround image).
- combat: Here are all combat impacts, bow sounds and different type of combat yelling.
- foley: Foley sounds for 4 basic clothes types: plate, chainmail, leather, fabric.
- footsteps: Self explanatory enough, I guess.
- music: Mainly in-game cutscenes 5.1 music, also includes music programmer sound. This event is permanently used by the Sequence music engine.
- npc: Different sounds of different professions.
- special: Special sounds which are used in Alchemy, Dice and other minigames. Quest sounds which were made for concrete situations are there.
- test: Sound events for testing purposes.
- ui: Inventory, menu sounds.
- voice: Burping, farting, coughing, yawning and in the subfolder dialog there are programmer sounds which are used by our robust voice replay system.
- world: Folder contains sound atmospheres, water streams and dams, random sounds which will trigger in forests, meadows etc.