Quest Smart Object Template Documentation
Quest Smart Object template
This article aims to explain the structure and inner workings of the default quest template. Every new quest tree (created in Swift) looks like this.
- Right after the game starts, the whole tree is stuck at nodes “2” and “4”, and waits for quest activation.
- When the quest is activated this tree receives the message, processes it, and runs the node “1”
- This in turn unlocks the node “2”
- What follows is an init sequence which should load up all needed assets and set initial states. The end of the init sequence is node “3”.
- This in turn signals that all assets are loaded and unlocks node 4
- Sections marked “5” usually contain over 95% of the quest’s MBT logic.
- Nodeset “6” serves for unlocking the tree (specifically node “2”) after loading. All trees are restarted after loading and this logic simply reconstructs the function of node “1”, which cannot be executed more than once.