Porting assets (textures, meshes, sounds, etc.) from one game to another is generally not allowed on Nexus Mods, unless the company or person that owns the rights to the game in question (rights holder) has explicitly given permission to port their assets. On this page, you will find information on certain companies' stance on the porting of their assets.
There are a few general rules that you must follow when publishing ported assets on Nexus Mods:
- You must have permission from the rights holder.
- You must adhere to the terms set by the rights holder.
- You must credit the rights holder and any other parties involved.
- You must own a legal copy of the game(s) the assets are ported to and from.
- Your usage of the assets may not be for commercial purposes.
- Your usage of the assets may not reflect negatively on the rights holder.
- Your usage of the assets may not result in infringing, threatening, libelous, obscene, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material (as determined by the rights holder).
- Your usage of the assets may not be presented as being endorsed or supported by the rights holder unless otherwise specified by the rights holder.
- Your usage of the assets may not challenge the copyright of the rights holder.
The following section lists the rights holders whose porting policy is known to us. Be sure to check the sources for more details surrounding the terms set by the rights holder.
Note that any conditions/terms mentioned in this list is in addition to the general terms listed above.
|Bioware||Allows porting of assets within the Dragon Age series.||NexusMods forums|
Allows porting of assets from Destiny 1 and Destiny 2, under the following conditions:
|CD Projekt RED||
Allows porting of assets within the The Witcher series.
Allows porting of assets from The Witcher 1 and The Witcher 2.
Authorisation for porting of assets from The Witcher 3 is granted on a case-by-case basis.
Communications between Nexus Mods and CDPR.
Allows porting of assets under the following terms:
|Egosoft||Authorisation for porting of assets is granted on a case-by-case basis.||E-mail exchange|
|En Masse/Bluehole Studios||Allows porting of weapon and armour assets from TERA Online.||E-mail exchange|
|GSC Game World||Allows porting of assets from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games.||GSC forums|
|Konami||Allows porting of assets from Metal Gear Solid games.||E-mail exchange|
|Microsoft||Does not allow porting of assets.||Game Content Usage Rules|
|Nexon||Does not allow porting of assets.||Terms and Conditions|
|Piranha Bytes||Does not allow porting of assets.||E-mail exchange|
|Riot Games||Allows porting of assets from League of Legends (excluding game/studio logos).||Legal Jibber Jabber|
|Square Enix (Platinum Games)||Does not allow porting of assets from NieR:Automata.||EULA (Restrictions)|
|Ubisoft||Authorisation for porting of assets is granted on a case-by-case basis. Contact the community manager for the game in question to request permission.||Terms of Service|
|Volition||Allows porting of assets from Saints Row 3 and Saints Row 4.||Tweet Tweet image backup|
|Warhorse Studios||Allows porting of assets from Kingdom Come: Deliverance (with the exception of any potential CryENGINE assets present among the Kingdom Come: Deliverance files).||Communications between Nexus Mods and Warhorse Studios.|
|Zenimax Media Inc (Bethesda Game Studios, Arkane Studios, id Software, Machine Games, Tango Gameworks, Zenimax Online Studios)||Does not allow porting of assets under any circumstances.||Terms of Service|
If you have information regarding a certain rights holder's stance on porting assets from their game(s), please send a PM to Zaldiir.