Difference between revisions of "How to convert an OMOD to an OMOD-ready archive"
m (New domain name for the web site)
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
Source: [http://./forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=86 LHammonds Oblivion Mods Site]
Revision as of 09:27, 9 May 2011
This tutorial shows how to convert a finished OMOD back into an archive which preserves all OMOD settings. This may sound strange at first but it is primarily for use by modders to upload mods that do not require OBMM but have already been prepared for conversion to OMOD which allows the player to QUICKLY create an OMOD with all the particularities of the install already handled.
My assumptions about your scenario (adjust as necessary):
- You have Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM) installed.
- You have Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 installed (a requirement of OBMM).
- You have OMOD files in the OMOD folder and want to convert them into archive files.
Conversion to OMOD-Ready
- Start Oblivion Mod Manager
- Find your OMOD file in the right-hand side window and right-click on it. Then choose Convert to archive and pick the folder, filename, and filetype you prefer and click Save
- If asked, answer Yes to create omod conversion information
- Conversion successful - Click OK
- The archive is now complete. If you open the archive, it will contain an omod conversion data folder which holds OMOD-related configuration files such as script.txt, info.txt, config and screenshot.
Source: LHammonds Oblivion Mods Site