Difference between revisions of "Category:Vortex"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
<h1>What is Vortex?</h1>
<h1>What is Vortex?</h1>
Revision as of 16:21, 3 October 2018
What is Vortex?
Vortex is the new, modern mod manager from Nexus Mods. It is designed to make modding your game as simple as possible for new users, while still providing enough control for more experienced veterans of the modding scene. Lead by Tannin, the creator of Mod Organizer, Vortex takes the lessons learnt during the development of MO and Nexus Mod Manager to provide the most powerful and intuitive modding experience available.
Our approach with Vortex aims to take complex tasks such as sorting your load order or managing your mod files and automates as much of the process as possible with the goal of having you achieve a stable modded game with minimal effort. We want to help you spend less time modding and more time playing your games.
With mod support for over 30 different games and counting - from Dark Souls, Fallout and Skyrim, to the Witcher series and Stardew Valley - Vortex is the most versatile mod manager available.
CLOSE INTEGRATION WITH NEXUS MODS
Vortex is designed to seamlessly interact with Nexus Mods allowing you to easily find, install, and play mods from our site, learn about new files and catch the latest news.
MODDING MADE EASY
The built-in auto-sorting system manages your load order and helps you to resolve mod conflicts with powerful, yet easy to use plugin management features.
Easily set up, switch between, and manage independent mod profiles enabling you to use exactly the combination of mods that you want for a particular playthrough.
MODERN, EASY TO USE UI
Featuring a fully customisable interface, Vortex allows you to quickly and easily access tools and manage your games, plugins, downloads and save games.
EXTENSIONS AND PLUGINS
Vortex is released under a GPL-3 License giving our community the ability to write extensions and frameworks which can then interact with Vortex, continually adding to its functionality.
Vortex currently supports over 30 titles, with more being added by both our developers and the Nexus Mods community. Anywhere you see the 'Download with manager' button on our site, Vortex can handle that mod.
Currently, supported games are listed on the Vortex file page.
Does Vortex replace NMM/MO/my current mod manager?
We're not expecting everyone to immediately jump ship to Vortex, but we feel it is ready if you want to try it out. If you currently have a stable working mod setup with an alternative mod manager you can stick with it, but you might find Vortex a good alternative for your next modding setup.
Many users have been able to switch over fully during the Alpha release between Feburary and October 2018. There will be a small learning curve while you get used to the new way Vortex does things, but we hope the built-in help and support will help you easily adapt. Vortex has all the features you need to mod your game and if it is missing something important, let us know in the forums so we can improve it.
With all this in mind, we are officially replacing NMM on the site, including the download button and link in the site header. You can download Vortex and its translations or extensions from our own Nexus Mods game page.
Help and Support
Vortex is now the primary mod manager of Nexus Mods, so we intend to provide support for our users. You can visit our dedicated help section for Vortex, visit the Vortex forums or check one of our popular help topics below.
- Vortex Frequently Asked Question (F.A.Q.)
- How to migrate from another mod manager to Vortex
- User Interface: Overview
Vortex contains a feedback and bug reporting system built into the software, which can be accessed from the menu in the top-right corner. In the event Vortex crashes. you will be given a similar report option. If you experience issues while using the software please report them using these methods, providing detailed information about what you were doing at the time the problem occurred. This is the direct line to Tannin and the fastest way of getting any bugs spotted and fixed.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Vortex"
The following 65 pages are in this category, out of 65 total.
- Managing File Conflicts
- Managing Save Games
- Managing your Load Order
- Misconfigured Documents Folder
- Modding 7 Days To Die with Vortex
- Modding A Hat In Time with Vortex
- Modding Bannerlord with Vortex
- Modding Blade & Sorcery with Vortex
- Modding Cyberpunk 2077 with Vortex
- Modding Devil May Cry 5 with Vortex
- Modding Halo: The Master Chief Collection with Vortex
- Modding Kenshi with Vortex
- Modding Microsoft Flight Simulator with Vortex
- Modding Monster Hunter: World with Vortex
- Modding Sekiro with Vortex
- Modding Skyrim Special Edition with Vortex
- Modding Stardew Valley with Vortex
- Modding Subnautica with Vortex
- Modding The Sims 4 with Vortex
- Modding The Witcher 3 with Vortex
- Modding X4: Foundations with Vortex
- Moving your Vortex Mod Setup to a new Computer
- The Vortex approach to load order sorting
- Tool Setup: BodySlide and Outfit Studio
- Tool Setup: ENB
- Tool Setup: FNIS
- Tool Setup: Merge Plugins
- Tool Setup: Script Extenders
- Tool Setup: Witcher 3 Script Merger
- Tool Setup: xEdit
- Tool Setup: zEdit
- Translating Vortex
- Troubleshooting: How to send in your Vortex log file
Media in category "Vortex"
The following 32 files are in this category, out of 32 total.
- AHatinTime1.JPG 2,050 × 1,114; 154 KB
- AHatinTime2.JPG 1,600 × 446; 176 KB
- AHiTConflict.JPG 515 × 225; 25 KB
- BitDefender1.jpg 555 × 172; 24 KB
- BitDefender2.jpg 967 × 649; 59 KB
- CFA1.png 697 × 182; 9 KB
- CFA2.png 506 × 281; 7 KB
- CFA3.jpg 939 × 564; 216 KB
- FNIS1.PNG 1,203 × 296; 157 KB
- FNIS2.PNG 763 × 571; 90 KB
- FNIS3.PNG 558 × 175; 12 KB
- ModPage.jpg 1,829 × 1,208; 355 KB
- MyDocsError.png 698 × 269; 17 KB
- MyDocsError2.jpg 481 × 613; 47 KB
- NvidiaFXAA.png 964 × 713; 63 KB
- SDV1.PNG 1,847 × 1,070; 295 KB
- SDV2.PNG 557 × 185; 19 KB
- SDV3.PNG 1,212 × 673; 69 KB
- Subnautica1.jpg 1,762 × 496; 115 KB
- Subnautica2.jpg 1,631 × 1,087; 238 KB
- Vortex File Access Error.png 765 × 569; 51 KB
- Vortex-login-error.jpg 1,273 × 567; 81 KB
- Vortex-login1.jpg 757 × 361; 36 KB
- Vortex-login2.jpg 801 × 395; 35 KB
- Vortex-login3.jpg 757 × 427; 63 KB
- Vortex-login4.jpg 752 × 397; 66 KB
- Vortex-login5.jpg 1,592 × 527; 84 KB
- Vortex-login6.jpg 1,591 × 562; 103 KB
- VortexBlurry.png 1,696 × 322; 149 KB
- VortexInstallAHiT.jpg 2,047 × 777; 127 KB
- VortexTesting.jpg 1,106 × 738; 76 KB
- VortexUACPrompt.jpg 571 × 421; 36 KB