Surface type defines physical interaction of an asset with the rest of physical world.'Y
You can setup surface type in a Material Settings of a material in Material Editor.
- sound triggered during hit reaction
- partical effect spawned during hit reaction
- decal placed on the asset during hit reaction
- pierceability of the asset (when shot at)
- transparency (whether NPCs will see through the object, e.g. through bushes or glass)
- walkability (whether navmesh is generated on the asset)
- whether horse ignores that collision
- whether only horse collides
- whether only player collises
- whether it's a special stair collision
But don't worry, their naming helpes and generally you'll be using only couple of simple ones like rock, thatch, wood and so on.