Removing In-Game Borders
This article will give a brief instruction on how to remove the in-game borders, which will allow you to travel outside of Cyrodill.
Why Remove the Borders?
Well, some mod's rely on you having the borders removed, for example, Lliana's Elsweyr: Deserts of Anequina. It can also be quite useful, if you're scouting for an area where you can builf your mod, without it conflicting with other mods.
Disabling the borders...
Disabling the borders is easy. All you have to do, is the following:
- Head to your Documents / My Games / Oblivion Folder.
- Look for the "Oblivion.ini" File. Double Click it, and it will open in Notepad.
- Press Ctrl+F to open the "Find Dialouge".
- Type bBorderRegionsEnabled and press "Find".
- Once it's found the line, head to the end of "bBorderRegionsEnabled=1" and change it to: bBorderRegionsEnabled=0
- Press Save.
- Close Notepad.
- Launch Oblivion and borders are disabled.
An alternative to this INI edit, is to download and install "Borderless Cyrodill". You can find it on TESNexus.
Also, quite a lot of mods do rely on borders being disabled, so it is worth just disabling the borders anyway.