User Interface Overview
You can move the dashlets around by clicking and holding the icon to the left of the X in the top right corner of the individual dashlet you would like to move. Dashlets can be disabled by clicking the X in the top right corner, or by accessing your settings, where you can choose which dashlet/widget to show.
ToDo List Dashlet
The dashlet labelled “Let’s get you set up” allows you to easily set up a managed game in Vortex:
- “Introduction Video” - plays an introductory video that explains the basics of Vortex. Note that parts of the corresponding video series by Gopher might be outdated at this point in time.
- “Handle Nexus Links” if set to “Yes”, all downloads initiated via the “Mod Manager Download” button on file pages on Nexus Mods will be handled by Vortex. If set to “No” Vortex will not handle these links.
- “Profile Management” toggles Vortex’s mod profile functionality on or off.
- “View Advanced Settings” toggles the advanced settings on (or off), giving you access to more involved options.
- “Scan for missing games” launches the game search which will automatically look for any of the games supported by Vortex on your hard drive.
- “FNIS Integration” - for Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition only: this toggles the corresponding "Automation" setting. If enabled Vortex, will automatically update FNIS when you deploy a mod.
Nexus Account Dashlet
--Pickysaurus 10:12, 3 October 2018 (BST)