Difference between revisions of "SDV Troubleshooting"
(Created page with "If you're having problems with your mods in Stardew Valley, this page will offer basic troubleshooting steps to solve the most common problems. ''See also: Modding Starde...")
Latest revision as of 14:18, 23 August 2019
If you're having problems with your mods in Stardew Valley, this page will offer basic troubleshooting steps to solve the most common problems.
See also: Modding Stardew Valley with Vortex
Basic troubleshooting steps
If something isn't working right with the game, you should:
- Verify you have the latest version of Stardew Valley installed.
- If you are on a beta branch of the game, try reverting to the current stable build.
- Try restarting your computer. (Sometimes you just need to turn it off and back on again!)
- For SMAPI mod issues, install you have the latest update of SMAPI for your game version.
- If you are using Vortex, purge your mods. This will temporarily remove them from your game. If the game launches you know a mod you've installed is causing the problem. Deploying again will restore your mods.
For more serious problems, it's a good idea to reset your game files to their default configuration. This process varies depending on if you have the GOG or Steam installation of the game.
(Note: If you are using the GOG Galaxy 2.0 beta, open the game page then use the context menu next to the "Play" button and select "Manage Installation > Verify/Repair".)
Asking for help
If you're still having problems, there are a few places a solution may have already been posted.
- Check the comments section on the mod page for similar posts.
- Check the bugs section on the mod page to see if it's a known issue. (Not all mods have this tab)
For SMAPI mods, you can also check your SMAPI log where any detected errors will be reported. You should upload your log file to log.smapi.io and share the link to it when reporting your problem.
To get in touch with someone who can help you, you have several options:
- Contact the Mod Author using the comments section or bug reports on the mod page.
- Send the author a polite personal message asking for help.
- Post a thread on our forums.
- Ask in the #stardew-valley channel or #vortex-support channel on our Discord server.
- Check the Stardew Valley Official Wiki for links to the Discord server, forums and contact information for modders.
Remember: Always provide as much information as possible to allow others to fully understand your problem.