Difference between revisions of "Installation of 7-Zip"
Revision as of 03:19, 11 January 2011
7-Zip is a file archiver with a high compression ratio and used heavily by the modding community to package their mods and save on precious bandwidth.
This tutorial will show you how to install and configure 7-Zip.
- For 32-bit operating systems, run 7zip920-x86.exe. For 64-bit operating systems, run 7zip920-x64.msi
- Welcome - Click Next
- End-User License Agreement - Check I accept and click Next
- Custom Setup - Disable Localization files and click Next
- Ready to Install - Click Install
- Setup Complete - Click Finish
NOTE: This process will configure Windows to automatically use 7-Zip if you double-click on an archive.
- Start 7-zip File Manager (might need to "run as administrator")
- Click Tools, Options
- Under the System tab, place a checkmark beside 7z, rar and zip, click OK
- Close 7-zip File Manager
- Right-click on a small file, select Add to archive
- Add to Archive - Set the following and click OK:
- Archive Format: 7z
- Compression Level: Ultra
- Delete the zip file you just created. 7-Zip remembers the last setting you use and 7z with Ultra compression makes the smallest files.