How to download mods
This tutorial will take you step-by-step through the process of downloading mods from Nexus Mods.
- Finding mods can be done in various ways found in the Files drop-down menu on the top of the site. From here you can browse the categories, new or newly updated files, top files, use the advanced search, search by tags, or browse the Files of the Month.
- Once you've found a mod read the description, then click the Files tab.
- You will now be presented with one or more files, categorized as Main files, Updates, Optional files, Old files, and miscellaneous. Which file(s) to download varies from mod to mod, so be sure to read the installation instructions! Now you have two ways to download the file. You can either download it through Vortex (recommended), or you can download it manually.
- Vortex: Click the Mod Manager Download button on the file you want to download. This will open Vortex and begin the download.
- Manual: Click the Manual Download button. A small window will open, where the download will either automatically start, you will be prompted with a donation request, or the required files will be listed. If it does not automatically start the download, simply click the Download button.
- You have now downloaded a mod. If you need any help installing the mod you just downloaded, check out the 'How to install mods' tutorial for Oblivion, Fallout 3, or Skyrim