Fallout 4 Mod Installation
So one of this years biggest releases is now out and you want to start to mod it, well this simple guide will get you underway in your quest to fashion the wasteland to your liking.
Please make sure you read the instructions carefully and follow each step, we take no responsibility if you get this wrong.
How to enable modding
- Navigate to your Fallout 4 Folder at the following location "Documents/My Games/Fallout 4"
- Within this folder will be a number of .ini files, highlight "Fallout4Prefs.ini" and "Fallout4.ini".
- Right Click, select Properties and ensure that these are NOT marked as read only.
- Open Fallout4Prefs.ini with your favourite text editor (we use Notepad++).
- Navigate to the very bottom and you will see the line [Launcher]. Directly underneath this, copy the following text:
- Save and Close
- Open Fallout4.ini with your favourite text editor.
- Find the line that reads: sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\
- Replace this with the following text:
- sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\
- Save and close...
You're ready to get modding :)