Difference between revisions of "AMD GPU MeshMapper basic usage"
Revision as of 19:12, 25 January 2011
This tutorial will show you how to create a normal map from a high-poly model for use on a low-poly model.
Following these steps, you could easily save the Ambient and Displacement maps as well.
Before using this tool you will need to have the following ready:
- Low-Poly .OBJ version of your model along with UV Maps already defined.
- High-Poly .OBJ version of your model (No UV Map necessary).
Summary of steps
- Export your models to .OBJ format
- Load each OBJ into MeshMapper
- Configure desired texture settings and generate the images
- View the results in real-time.
- Save the textures to file.
- Step 1: Overview and click "Load Low Resolution Mesh"
- Step 2: Load low-poly OBJ
- Step 3: Click "Load High Resolution Mesh"
- Step 4: Load high-poly OBJ
- Step 5: Adjust view
- Step 6: Select Maps tab
- Step 7: Click Common Settings
- Step 8: Set desired texture dimensions
- Step 9: Click Generate
- Step 10: Wait for generation
- Step 11: Adjust view
- Step 12: Click Common Settings
- Step 13: Click Normal Map
- Step 14: Use the View and Save buttons
- Step 15: View Normal Map
- Step 16: Save Normal Map