User:DianaTESGotH/Morroblivion Overhaul Graphics
Due to declining health, I will no longer be creating or maintaining modding guides or tutorials. The following information may be outdated.
Morroblivion Overhaul - Graphics and Immersion
Diana TES GotH is creating Modding Guides and Tutorials: Link to DianaTESGotH Nexus Wiki Homepage which contains an overview related to all of my Nexus Page Extension. Please review the DianaTESGotH Nexus Wiki Homepage before continuing with this section. Contact: Link to Diana TES GotH Nexus Profile. Diana TES Goth on Discord: Link to Diana TES GotH live chat discord server. Changelog: Allows you to view revisions Diana TES GotH has made to the guides and tutorials hosted by Nexus Wiki. Morroblivion Overhaul - Appendix For installation and load order references, troubleshooting, etc...
- 1 Overview
- 2 02. Bethesda Official Content
- 3 03. Utilities - Tools
- 4 04. Script Extender Plugins
- 5 05. Master Files and Utilities - Ingame
- 6 06. Fixes and Unofficial Patches
- 7 07. Early Loaders
- 8 08. Gameplay - User Interface
- 9 09. Base Mods
- 9.1 09.1 Audiovisual - Weather
- 9.2 09.2 Audiovisual - Water and Lava
- 9.3 09.3 Audiovisual - Sounds & Music
- 9.4 09.4 Audiovisual - Lighting
- 9.5 09.5 Audiovisual - Major Texture Packs
- 9.6 09.6 Audiovisual - LOD Resources
- 9.7 09.7 Audiovisual - Grass & Flora Overhaul
- 9.8 09.8 Audiovisual - Tree Overhaul
- 9.9 09.9 Audiovisual - Landscape & Grass Fixes
- 9.10 09.10 Audiovisual - Landscape
- 9.11 09.11 Audiovisual - Architecture
- 9.12 09.12 Audiovisual - Caves & Dungeons
- 9.13 09.13 Audiovisual - Interiors
- 9.14 09.14 Items - Tools & Clutter
- 9.15 09.15 Items - Ingestibles
- 9.16 09.16 Items - Armor, Clothing, & Accessories
- 9.17 09.17 Items - Weapons
- 10 10. Load Order Independent Mods
- 11 11. Late Loaders - Base Mods
- 11.1 11.1 Audiovisual - Post-processing
- 11.2 11.2 Alternate to Oblivion Reloaded
- 11.2.1 [ENBoost v0.259 patch for TES Oblivion]
- 11.2.2 [CTD and Memory patch ENBoost]
- 11.2.3 [Oblivion - Enhanced Camera]
- 11.2.4 [Oblivion Graphics Extender]
- 11.2.5 [One Tweak]
- 11.2.6 [shadeMe Enhanced]
- 11.2.7 [Detailed Terrain]
- 11.2.8 [Enhanced Water v20]
- 11.2.9 [Enhanced Water v20 HD - SI Addon]
- 11.2.10 [FOV Modifier]
- 11.2.11 [Koldorns LOD Noise Replacer]
- 11.2.12 [Nighteye Shader Replacement]
- 11.2.13 [Real Lava]
- 12 12. Early Quest Add-Ons
- 13 13. Character Appearance
- 14 14. Pre Overhaul
- 15 15. Overhauls
- 16 16. Morroblivion Mods
- 17 17. Gameplay - Quests & Stories
- 18 18. Gameplay - Quests & Locations
- 19 19. Locations - Overhauls
- 20 20. Overrides
- 21 22. Character - NPC Overhauls
- 21.1 22.1 Character Appearance OCO2 Overhaul
- 21.1.1 [Oblivion Character Overhaul version 2]
- 21.1.2 [Oblivion Character Overhaul v2 - Unofficial Patch]
- 21.1.3 [OCOv2 - DLC Faces]
- 21.1.4 [Oblivion Character Overhaul v2 Redguards Retextured Patch - Robert Male and HGEC]
- 21.1.5 [Lifelike Eye Normalmaps]
- 21.1.6 [New Eyes for OCO v2]
- 21.1.7 [Seamless - OCOv2 Edition]
- 21.1.8 [MOD Name]
- 21.1.9 [MOD Name]
- 21.2 22.2 New Characters
- 21.3 22.3 Gameplay - Classes & Races
- 21.1 22.1 Character Appearance OCO2 Overhaul
- 22 23. Override Mods - Late Loaders
- 23 24. Pre Bash
- 24 25. Fixes - Patches
- 25 26. Post Bashed Patches
- 26 26. Distant Terrain Output
- 27 27. Map Mods
- 28 28. Script Extender Output
- 29 Related pages
It is recommended to pick a style that suits the user and try to stick with a particular author tp have the most consistent result. Mixing styles from various authors can result in a worldspace that appears choppy with many objects looking out of place.
01.1 Resources - Guides & Tutorials
Resources that provide a guide, tutorial, or general information about modding.
02. Bethesda Official Content
Official Games and Addons
03. Utilities - Tools
Utilities which allow you to create, edit, or manage mod-related files.
- Visit The Elder Scrolls: Construction Set Wiki page for guidance and tutorials.
NOTICE GOG Users: TESConstructionSet is included with the GOG version. Skip to Step 5.
- 1. Create a new folder in \Oblivion Mods\Utilities and name it Oblivion Construction Set.
- 2. Download and Extract the files.
- 3. Launch the executable to install the TES4 Construction Set.
- 4. Extract the LIPTemplate and manually install the Sound folder to the Oblivion\Data directory. Do not install the LIPTemplate.esp.
- 5. Run the TESConstructionSet.exe. This will create the ConstructionSet.ini. Navigate to C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Oblivion and open the ConstructionSet.ini with Notepad or other text editor and make the following changes:
- SInvalidationFile= (this should be left blank)
- Mod Organizer Users:
- SArchiveList=Oblivion - Invalidation.bsa, Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa
- Wrye Bash Users:
- SArchiveList=ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa
- 6. Save and then close.
- Notice: CSE does not recognize obse_loader.exe loaders older than the most current v0021. If you chose to replace the Steam version in order to launch the game with an older obse_loader.exe, CSE will not function.
- Special Installation Instructions:
- 1. Extract the files and move the following directly into the Oblivion game directory:
- • Data folder
- • CrashRpt1403.dll
- • crashrpt_lang.ini
- • CrashSender1403.exe
- • dbghelp.dll
- • DevComponents.DotNetBar2.dll
- • GlobalInputMonitor.dll
- • ICSharpCode.AvalonEdit.dll
- • lame.exe
- • Launch CSE.bat
- • ObjectListView.dll
- • TESConstructionSet.config
- • TESConstructionSetOld.exe
- 2. If you downloaded the Visual Styles Enabled CS-36370-1-2-0-404.zip extract it and copy the following file into the Oblivion game directory:
- • TESConstructionSet.exe
- 3. Move the Construction Set Extender_readme.rtf in the Data\Docs\Construction Set Extender folder.
- 4. Mod Organizer Users:
- Modify the Construction Set Executable
- Binary: %Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Launch CSE.bat
- Start In: (leave blank)
- Arguments: -editor -notimeout
- Check "Close MO when started"
- Click Modify then Close
Notice: obse_loader.exe and TESConstructionSet.exe must be set up to Run as administrator for the CSE. Right click on each executable file, select Properties/Compatibility and check Run this program as an administrator.
04. Script Extender Plugins
Script Extender expands scripting capabilities and adds additional functionality to the game.
05. Master Files and Utilities - Ingame
Master Files are mods containing ESMs (Elderscrolls Master Files). These must load before ESPs (Elderscrolls Plugin Files). Utilities - Ingame mods are plugins which have an ingame interface.
From the root file copy the Harvest[Containers].esm into the Data folder. From the Standalones folder copy the following and place them into the Data folder:
- Vanilla folder
- • meshes folders
- • textures folders
- • Harvest[Containers] - Vanilla.esp
- Shivering Isles folder
- • meshes folders
- • textures folders
- • Harvest[Containers] - SI.esp
Note: Add ons are Optional. Read the documentation provided for user preference.
TES4Edit Cleaning Required:
Notice: BOSS Log reports 'Harvest[Containers] - Vanilla.esp Contains dirty edits: 19 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES4Edit cleaning:'.
Launch TES4Edit.exe to manually remove the following records by right clicking on the record and select Remove.
|010011E7||DEJharvestMiddleChestJewelry||"Open Jewelry Box"|
|0100B8D5||DEJharvestLowerPot||"Open Covered Pot"|
06. Fixes and Unofficial Patches
Mods which fix issues or bugs without adding new content. They are standalone mods that are rarely affected by other mods but enhance/overhaul large parts of the game with minimal or no overlap. These may include fixes which specifically address game stability or performance. :Earliest Mods: Plugins that need to load directly after the ESM files for whatever reason. -> :NPC Face Mods: Bash and deactivate to keep new faces with NPC altering mods later. -> Vanilla Fixes: Fixes for vanilla game bugs, everything else must be allowed to override these. -> :Unofficial Patches: A very large compilation of vanilla game fixes -> :DLC Shivering Isles: Official DLC and mods directly related to it.
07. Early Loaders
Mods that enhance/overhaul large parts of the game with minimal or no overlap. :Post UOP Fixes: Mods that directly edit fixes found in the UOP. -> :Non-English Language Fixes: Fixes for non-english versions of Oblivion. -> :VWalk Post-UOP Files -> :BSA Tricks: Dummy files which are used to activate BSA content. -> :Initial Fran's Files for FCOM
08. Gameplay - User Interface
Mods which add or modify user interface components. Oblivion's UI Menu has one of the most undesirable gaming UI that I ever played. It's a combination of wasted space, improper scaling, and inappropriate controls. Several mods are available that attempt to correct some of this. I will list my own preferences below, however, I recommend all users research what will best suit you. Remember, if you decide not to mimic my list, make certain it is compatible with mods you choose to install. Try to install only UI mods that are still being actively supported by either the author or the modding community.
08.1 Gameplay UI – CORE
Menus define the layout and style of the UI. This may include the HUD with remodeled textures, etc...
08.2 Gameplay UI – FONT CHANGES
Mods that alter vanilla fonts.
08.3 Gameplay UI – LOADING SCREEN
Mods that alter vanilla loading screens. Need to have the Graphics tag or they may be overwritten.
09. Base Mods
Contains several sub-categories (Weather, Water, Sounds, Lighting, and other Base Mods such as Audio Visual - Models & Textures, and rextured Items). Mods that can be overridden in part. Low priority mods. New Items, NPCs & creatures that are not overrides of other mods. 'Library' mods.
09.1 Audiovisual - Weather
Mods which add or modify weather. This may be moved to a lower category in either Gameplay - Immersion & Role-playing or Override Mods - Late Loaders if overwritten by lower mods.
09.2 Audiovisual - Water and Lava
Mods that retexture water and lava. This may be moved to a lower category in either Gameplay - Immersion & Role-playing or Override Mods - Late Loaders if overwritten by lower mods.
09.3 Audiovisual - Sounds & Music
Mods which add or modify sound effects, music, or voice. This may be moved to a lower category in either Gameplay - Immersion & Role-playing or Override Mods - Late Loaders if overwritten by lower mods.
09.4 Audiovisual - Lighting
Mods which add or modify lighting. This may be moved to a lower category in either Gameplay - Immersion & Role-playing or Override Mods - Late Loaders if overwritten by lower mods.
09.5 Audiovisual - Major Texture Packs
Mods that retexure a large portion of the games meshes and textures. Theese mods may be overwritten.
09.6 Audiovisual - LOD Resources
Mods that offer include LOD resources.
09.7 Audiovisual - Grass & Flora Overhaul
Mods that retexture both grass and flora.
09.8 Audiovisual - Tree Overhaul
Mods that retexture trees and shrubs.
09.9 Audiovisual - Landscape & Grass Fixes
Mods that fix landscape and grass anomolies. These may also include mods that claim to increase performance.
09.10 Audiovisual - Landscape
Mods that retextue landscape including dirt, rocks, roads, etc...
09.11 Audiovisual - Architecture
Mods that retexture buildings and other architecture.
09.12 Audiovisual - Caves & Dungeons
Mods that retxture caves, dungeons, forts, ruins, etc...
09.13 Audiovisual - Interiors
Mods that rexture inerior decorations.
09.14 Items - Tools & Clutter
Mods that retexture items that cannot be worn, ingested, or used as a weapon. Any new and unique items belong in a lower category in Gameplay - Quests & Locations.
09.15 Items - Ingestibles
Mods that retexture items you can eat or drink. Any new and unique items belong in a lower category in Gameplay - Quests & Locations.
09.16 Items - Armor, Clothing, & Accessories
Mods that retexture items that can be worn such as armor, clothing, jewelry, cloaks, and bags. Any equipment items that include body replacers belong in a lower catergory in Character Appearance - Equipment.
09.17 Items - Weapons
Mods that rtexture sticks you can stab, squish, or shoot people with. Any new and unique items belong in a lower category in Gameplay - Quests & Locations.
10. Load Order Independent Mods
These mods don't need to go anywhere, they're fully scripted, so load them early.
11. Late Loaders - Base Mods
Mods which are load order independent that need to be loaded after other base mods to avoid conflit. :Map Marker Tweaks: Load after OOO to override OOO initial map marker changes, otherwise let OOO remove starting default map markers. -> :Hotkeys: Load order independent. Use only one unless documentation says otherwise.
11.1 Audiovisual - Post-processing
Mods which perform post processing or include a post-processing preset. These are Graphic Extenders including ENB, ReShade, Sweet FX, TES Reloaded, ect...
11.2 Alternate to Oblivion Reloaded
Oblivion Reloaded may not be everyone's cup of tea. Don't despair, I will offer you some alternative mod suggestions that will not only reduce memory usage of the game, but also enhance the visuals and graphics much like you will see with Oblivion Reloaded.
Extenders and DLL Enhancements
Third-party programs (or extensions thereof) that enhance Oblivion functionality or display. A few in this list may be Optional and only needed if specified as a prerequisite for a specific mod.
- 1. Review the instructions on the download description page.
- 2. Settings can be altered to suit the users’ preferences. Browse the web for recommended enbseries.ini configurations and test them out.
- 3. Review and make any needed changes to the "enblocal.ini". Some Recommendations include:
- VideoMemorySizeMb=0 (Use Boris Vorontsov VRamSizeTest v1.0 to get the correct value for the parameter)
- Remap the Free VRAM key to a different unused key
Notice: Some users may still experience CTD issues. Review muffinz10's post on CTD and Memory patch ENBoost Nexus Forum.
- 1. Extract only the OBGEv2.dll to your OBSE\Plugins folder.
- 2. Run the game once to create an OBGE.ini in your Documents\My Games\Oblivion folder.
- 3. Configure the OBGE.ini
- iReflectionMapSize=2048 ;Try 1024 if you're using a weaker PC.
Comparable Graphic Mods
12. Early Quest Add-Ons
Mods that add or alter quests in the game. :DLC 1: First group of official downloadable content and plugins directly tied to them. -> DLCHorseArmor.esp -> DLCOrrery.esp -> DLCVileLair.esp -> DLCMehrunesRazor.esp -> DLCSpellTomes.esp
13. Character Appearance
Mods that modify the appearance of characters or add new options for character creation.
13.1 Character Appearance - Body Mods
Mods that adjust body shapes or textures.
13.2 Character Appearance - Skeletons
Mods that add skeleton meshes for comaptibility with body replacers.
13.3 Character Appearance - Equipment
Mods that add items specific to new body replacer. :Items (Armor and Weapons): nest category which contains all "Items" headings. Wrye Bash tag all armor replacers need BASH: Graphics to keep their new look. Some items will need to go after overhaul or location altering mods to appear. ->
:Body Replacer Armour & Clothing: Stuff for use with body replacers. Wrye Bash tag all armor replacers need BASH: Graphics to keep their new look. -> :Not For Free Armor ->
:Horse Mods: Mods related to horses and some other types of mounts.
14. Pre Overhaul
Mods that need to be loaded before magjor overhaul mods to reduce conflict. :Only Name Changing Files:Tag with names and total compatibility. -> :DLC 2 -> DLCThievesDen.esp
Major Overhaul mods including: :FCOM, Fran's, OOO, MMM, etc -> Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mod -> OOO; FCOM optional and related components; MMM and optional plugins -> OOO Full and Lite -> Post OOO -> MMM & FCOM -> FCOM/MMM optionals 1 -> FCOM/MMM optionals 2 -> MMM for non-FCOM installs -> OWC New Dimensions -> Tamriel Travellers -> FCOM\MMM optionals 3 -> Overhaul Compatibility -> Additional MMM OOO Patches -> Waalx Animals and Creatures -> Post Overhaul -> CNRP (Cyrodiil NPC Remodelling Project) -> :Creatures - New:Really needs Wrye Bash or a compatibility patch if using almost any overhaul.
15.1 Gameplay - Crafting
Mods that alter or add items purely through the crafting menu.
15.2 Gameplay - Economy & Item Balance
Mods that alter or change economy and item balance.
16. Morroblivion Mods
Morroblivion: Group for all morroblivion plugins. In the future, Skyblivion and Skywind may also be included in this group.
17. Gameplay - Quests & Stories
Mods which add or modify quests or stories. :Quests and Locations 1: All mods that add or change quests, player houses, add or change dungeons, add or change towns, villages, cities and/or landscape. -> Quests Early -> Quests Arena -> DLC 3 -> DLCBattlehornCastle.esp -> Quests and Locations 2 -> Immersive Environments
17.1 Locations - New Dungeons
Mods which add new areas where you can encounter and fight enemies.
17.2 Locations - New Lands
Mods which add completely new lands to explore.
17.3 Locations - New Player Homes
Mods which add new player homes.
17.4 Locations - New Structures & Landmarks
Mods which add new structures or landmarks. These may include ECTV (Expanded Cities, Hamlets, Town, Villages, etc...)
17.5 Gameplay - Immersion & Role-playing
Mods which specifically aid player immersion or role-playing. These may include weather, lighting, and other environmental and visual effect changes.
18. Gameplay - Quests & Locations
Mods which add new quests, locations and/or new inventory items to the game. :DLC 4 -> DLCFrostcrag.esp -> Knights.esp -> :ROM -> ROM Revised Oblivion Mod.esp -> :Quests and Locations 3 -> FCOM Compatibility Section:FCOM optional addon patches. -> :Quests and Locations 4
19. Locations - Overhauls
Mods which modify landscape locations ingame. :Landscape and City Overhauls -> Tamriel Worldspace Modding Project -> Extended Cyrodiil -> Towns and Villages -> HESU Mods and Patches -> CUO Cities -> Unique Landscapes and Compatibility Patches -> HM2 -> Post UL, Pre BC -> Unique Landscapes V2 Compatibility Patches -> Open Better Cities -> Open Cities Classic -> Open Cities Reborn -> Open Cities Patches -> Quests and Locations 5 -> Post City
Mods that deliberately change specific things about vanilla Oblivion, overhauls or other mods. Some late loading quests and locations in here too. :Overrides Early -> Lava
21.1 Gameplay - AI & Combat
Mods which modify character behavior, combat mechanics, or enemy strength in general. :Sexual Stuff -> SPT Diverse Guards -> Overrides Late -> TIE Integration Compatibility -> Alternative Starts -> Realism -> Vampires
21.2 Gameplay - Magic & Abilities
Mods which add new abilities or spells. including slchemy, enchantment, ect...
21.3 Gameplay - Stealth
Mods that add or modify stealth such as thievery, sneaking and crime.
21.4 Gameplay - Skills, Attributes & Leveling
Mods which add or modify skills or perks, attributes, and leveling.
21.5 Audiovisual - Animations & Physics
Mods which add or modify animations or physics.
22. Character - NPC Overhauls
Mods that add new face parts such as hairs, beards, brows, or eyes. They may also add new overlays such as warpaints, tattoos, or freckles. :Beauty Packs -> Race Changes-Addons: Hair, eyes, race addons & changes and other cosmetics.
22.1 Character Appearance OCO2 Overhaul
Oblivion Character Overhaul version 2 attemps to modernize characters in the styles of Skyrim and TESO. This affects both player and NPCs. It is a comprehensive NPC overhaul. OCO2 Overhaul is currently the most popular of flavors and most NPC equipment mods provide patches for it where needed, including ponyrider0's Morroblivion-OCO2 Facelift v0.2.
22.2 New Characters
Mods which add new animals, characters, or creatures to the game. :Allies & Companions -> Enemies -> Nuetral
22.3 Gameplay - Classes & Races
Mods which modify character classes/races or add new ones :Race Overrides: Includes birthsign mods. -> Body & Head Changes -> Beauty Packs & Race Changes-Addons -> L.A.M.E. -> Post Magicka Overhaul -> Race Balancing Project 2 -> Bg Integration -> Other Race and Birthsign Mods
23. Override Mods - Late Loaders
Mods that need to be loaded late for whatever reason or override other mods to avoid conflict.
23.1 Landscape And City Overrides
These may include patches created for campatibility with landscape and city overhauls.
24. Pre Bash
Mods that need to be very low in order to override everything else making the same changes. :Message Suppression/Changing Overrides:Best loaded late to override possible message additions from other mods. These are mostly covered by the Bashed Patch. -> Respawn & Day Length Overrides -> Shader Mods -> Shader Removers -> Shader Replacers
25. Fixes - Patches
Fixes and Patches which make mods compatible with each other.
25.1 Merge Patches
Merged plugins output files.
25.2 NPC Retexture Patches
Conflict resolution patches created specifically to correct NPC appearance.
25.3 Utilities - Patchers
Files that are generated after running a patcher utility.
25.4 Conflict Resolution
Conflict Resolution mods consist of specialized edits to resolve game breaking conflicts and issues.
26. Post Bashed Patches
Mods which need to load after the Bashed Patch for whatever reason.
26. Distant Terrain Output
Files that are generated after running a lod generation utility.
27. Map Mods
Maps should always override any Distant Terrain Output. They should also never be included in a Bashed Patch.
28. Script Extender Output
Files that are generated by the script extender after launching the game.