NifSkope headgear fixing for custom races
Note: This article will use the Shojo Race mod as a reference.
Please note that models may be stored in the BSA file instead of the Data\Model directory. You would need FOMM's built-in BSA Unpacker to extract these.
0. In NifSkope, export the shojo headchildfemale model to .OBJ (you will only need to do this once).
1. Open up the model you want to edit and import the shojo head OBJ. (If the Open dialog doesn't show, make sure you have "Scene Root" in the Block List selected.)
2. Click on the individual model parts and right click -> Transform -> Edit.
3. Change the scaling and adjust the position (transform).
4. Now that you have got the scaling and transform values for the individual parts, open the model in a new NifSkope window and repeat steps #2 and #3.
5. Right click and Transform -> Apply for each item. Click OK when prompted.
6. Save the file.
7. Place it in a similar path to that of the BSA, or replace existing item.
8. (Optional: You may duplicate the item in GECK to create a non-replacing version.)
Typical values for shojo headgear:
Scaling : 1.15 or 1.2 Transform : Z-axis, -18 or -23