Installing Nexus Mod Manager
From Nexus Wiki
This step-by-step tutorial will guide you through installing the Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) on your system.
- Go to the NMM download page
- Click the green button that says “download now”.
- Save the file to your hard-drive like you would any other file you download
- Run the installer program you just downloaded. If you get a warning about running the program from your operating system or anti-virus, you must allow the program to run. NMM is completely safe!
- Select the language you would like the installation process to use. Note: this does not affect NMM once it is installed.
- The installer wizard should pop up after you hit ok. Hit “next”.
- Read the license agreement and click accept if you agree to the standard GPL terms.
- Now you have the choice of where you want to install NMM. It is highly recommended that you use the default install path. Click “next” to continue.
- You now have the option to create a start menu folder. If you do not want to have one created, then click on the box that says “Don’t create a Start Menu folder”. Click “next” to continue.
- Now you have the choice to set file extension associations. It is highly recommended you keep the default settings selected else NMM might not work as intended.
- Now you have the chance to review what you are about to install. If you are happy with your selections, hit “install” and the program will begin installing.
- Your installation of NMM should now be complete. You have the choice to launch NMM when you click finish, simply uncheck the box if you do not want it to open after you exit the installer. Click “finish” to exit the installer.
A new "Nexus mod manager" button should be visible on your desktop, as long as you did not turn off the option during the installation process. You can run NMM from any time using this button.