Installing A Mod With FOMM
From Nexus Wiki
Fallout Mod Manager is a tool used to manage your load order and install mods correctly.
Fallout Mod Manager is available on the nexus.
Installing a .FOMOD file
Once FOMM is installed all you have to do to install a .FOMOD file is double click the .FOMOD file in its directory, go to package manager in FOMM and click the mods name on the list and the click activate.
The mod may or may not open a custom installer which should have instructions on how to configure the mod to your liking.
Installing a mod from an Archive with FOMM
- Open FOMM from your desktop shortcut or start menu or the directory you installed it to.
- Click Package manager and wait for it to open.
- Use the Add FOMod button to open new window which you can use to browse for compressed archives including .fomod, .rar, .zip and .7z.
- Go to the mods directory or the directory where the archive is saved and double click the mod archive file which contains your chosen mod.
- FOMM should now be loading the files, once this is done select the mod from your list on the package manager and click activate.
- Tick the mod .esp file on your load order.
On larger files FOMM might freeze or act unresponsive for a bit. Just wait a few moments until it is done loading the file.