Creating an erf file for Dragon age 2
This mini guide shows how to create an erf file to package your mod contents into it. Dragon Age 2 requires that mod contents are inside an erf file for them to work in game.
- Thought Process' Erf Packager
Creating an erf file
The process is very simple:
- Download Thought Process' Erf Packager and extract the contents of the zip in any folder you want.
- Put the files used by your mod in a new folder with a unique name (use a name that won't likely be used by other mod), like for example Myname_Mymod.
- Drag your mod's folder to the Gibbed.Bioware.ErfPack.exe and drop it there.
- The tool will create a new erf file called like your folder (in the example, it would be called Myname_Mymod.erf) that will contain your mod files.
- You can now just copy your mod's erf file into your override folder and play! :)