Blender import and export armor for Oblivion
This small tutorial will show you how to import a Bethesda armor model into Blender and set it up properly so it can be exported to a working NIF file ready for use in-game.
Look at each image in sequence to understand the process of importing, configuring and exporting an armor model that ships with Oblivion.
All required files can be found at TESNexus.
This tutorial assumes the following:
- You are somewhat comfortable navigating in Blender.
Software used in the creation of this tutorial:
- Blender 2.46
- Blender NIF Scripts 2.3.3
- Python 2.5.2
- PyFFI 0.10.9
General steps of the tutorial
- Import Oblivion steel cuirass
- Delete imported skeleton
- Save and close Blender
- Open model, import new skeleton
- Attach skeleton (armature) to each piece of the cuirass
- Save and export NIF
- Blender custom helmets for Oblivion
- Blender rigging / skinning
- Split Oblivion meshes
- Blender shortcut tips