From Nexus Wiki
For everyone having trouble with archive invalidation and the new patch here's how to get things working.
Short and sweet:
- Rename your the fake BSA to - "Fallout - ArchiveInvalidation.bsa". Update the ini files to reflect this change. This will allow the fake .bsa to be the first on the SArchiveList entry.
- Change the order of the .bsa files in the SArchiveList. Put Fallout - Voices1.bsa" as the first entry, then the fake .bsa [Fallout - ArchiveInvalidation.bsa], then the rest of the .bsa files.
Before doing the following make sure you save a copy of your save game files and copies of the files that you are editing for that JUST IN CASE situation.
- Download the manual version of ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated at Link(make sure it is the manual version and not the recommended) and place the .bsa file in your [location of steam]\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data folder
- Open the following files on your computer in notepad or something similar:
- \steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\fallout_default.ini
- My Documents\My Games\Fallout NV\falloutprefs.ini
- My Documents\My Games\Fallout NV\fallout.ini
- (fallout.ini may be read only, right click on the file and choose properties, uncheck read only and hit apply. After making the changes below, put fallout.ini back to read only)
- Edit the [Archive] section in each file
- Make the SArchiveList look like:
- SArchiveList=Fallout - Voices1.bsa, ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa
- Save and close the file (make sure you put fallout.ini back to read only).