Abilities Modding - XCOM:EU 2012
Here are listed functions and stuff related to how abilities work, and proven code to modify that.
(Note that links in RED do not yet exist.)
Abilities for both XCOM soldiers and aliens are defined in the article XGAbilityTree.BuildAbilities. You'll find the code break-down there as well as some replacement code.
See the DefaultGameCore.ini settings article for the values used for settings in that function.
(Note the filename DefaultGameCore.ini is commonly abbreviated to DGC.ini.)
- Abilities can be now constrained to weapon range as set in the DGC.ini file.
- Abilities' cool-down can be set (it's problematic because of the lack of space, but it's doable)
Set Perk Trees
"Branch" sort of means rank, and option 0 is the one shown on the right, and option 1 on the left, when picking new perks.
- Set perks as you wish
- Move perks from one class to another
- Repeat or Discard them.
For further information
- See also the table Table of Perk Codes and Offsets and article/mod XCOM Perks for the vanilla choice tree of perks for each class and the hex code patterns to replace them.
- Check this forum topic for more info on skill sets.
Set abilities' number of charges
- Set number of charges for perk-related abilities/items, such as rockets, smoke grenades, etc.
Referred to by this article:
That refer to this article: